This week is world kindness week and with Thanksgiving around the corner what a better way to celebrate this week than by shining a light. Many times we tend to get upset at the rude people we encounter (me I honk like crazy-so bad I know) they need help. I find it, it can go two ways, they ruin your day or you improve theirs.
I vote for number two. As Christian this weighs on me so much. I’m not at my best many times and that’s what I show people. This is not to say that we need to be happy 24/7/365 no not at all, but the moment that we let our emotions take control we tend to lose sight of God and ourselves. So today I want to share 1o easy ways we can show kindness this week and pretty much every day of the year.
- Pay it Forward. Whatever drive-thru lane you are in pay for the person behind you.
- Compliment, Compliment, Compliment. There have been times where I’m feeling pretty lousy and a compliment lifts me up immediately. (FREE)
- Smile, just smile. A smile can brighten anyone’s day (FREE)
- Offer the person behind you in line your spot if they seem rushed. (FREE)
- Give a homeless person a hot drink or money. I know many frown at this but honestly, if I give them money I’m honoring God. Whether they need it or not is not for me to judge.
- Pay the difference if the person in front of seems short.
- Write an old fashion thank-you note. I love anything handwritten.
- Pray for those around you. They may not see the change immediately but God works in wondrous ways.
- Let that special person know just how special they are. I love getting my husband his favorite snack. It’s very little but I love to see his reaction when he sees them. (gummy bears)
- Lastly, ask someone how they are doing and really listen. Many times people just need someone to listen to them.
Just an extra….
11. As a blogger I think this is very important, be kind online. Would you say whatever it is you are saying to your kids o even in front of them? No, right! Always always be nice.